Report To: General Counsel
Date Posted: May 21, 2012
Assist deaf individuals on a case-by-case basis with regard to communication access issues and generally assisting them in finding resources and opportunities to empower themselves. Responsibilities include: ongoing management of case files, meeting with deaf persons seeking guidance, and building collaborative relationships with other organizations. In coordination with General counsel, developing, maintaining and updating database of resources for the deaf and hard of hearing. May assist in other programs as interest, expertise and resources provide.
Essential Functions :
1. Meeting with deaf and hard of hearing persons to provide guidance and support, with an emphasis on communication access issues.
2. Developing materials and marshaling resources to assist deaf and hard of hearing individuals with issues that arise.
3. Work in coordination with other agencies and organizations to facilitate personal and professional empowerment of deaf and hard of hearing individuals.
4. Assist in the development of educational programs for both deaf and hearing audiences.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Performs other additional duties as directed by General Counsel.
Required Qualifications :
1. Proficiency in American Sign Language.
2. Familiarity with deaf culture and issues facing the deaf and hard of hearing.
3. Organized and efficient, possessing habits for scheduling, record-keeping, and note-taking.
4. Possess a reliable and immediately available means of transportation.
5. Familiarity and interest in emerging technologies.
6. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and/or other word processing applications.
7. Must be a creative problem solver, a team player, and a good communicator with a pleasant, positive personality.
8. Must be able to maintain confidential information and professionalism in dealings with deaf and hard of hearing clients.
Preferred Qualifications :
1. Education in social work or social services fields including, but not limited to, a bachelors or masters degree in social work or other relevant education.
2. Licensure by Missouri Committee of Social Workers or Missouri Committee of Psychologists, or other relevant licensure area.
3. Experience in social work or social services fields under the supervision of appropriate licensed professionals.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Benefits: Group Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Plan, Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays (all depending upon employment arrangement)
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Deaf Empowerment Awareness Foundation, Inc.
25 E. Frisco Ave, Webster Groves, MO 63119
VP/VOICE: (314) 968 -3700
FAX: (314) 266-7427
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Office Address & Hours
25 East Frisco Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63119
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
All times are in Central Standard Time (CST)